The Position Summary
- Title: Digital Marketing Account Manager New Zealand
- Location: NZ with occasional national and international travel (across the ditch an beyond)
- Reports to: Client Service Director & commercial manager
- Clients: ~50% med/large travel businesses, some in ecommerce (wine, diverse), home and interior, online education, BI software (see clients for an idea)
- Key objectives: You get stuff done and know how to manage client and team of specialist
- Remuneration: On-par with industry standards, commensurate with experience
- Contract structure: ongoing, currently part time with a very high chance to move full time as business grows
(95% of the team has the same setup, some folks have been with us for 4+ years)
We are a Digital Marketing Optimisation Agency specialised in the travel industry. Our motto: Traffic is nice. Revenue is better.
We improve our clients marketing performance by:
- getting an idea of what’s happening via Analytics and Data Science ,
- we improve their sales using CRO techniques
- we get more people on the site using SEO and content marketing, that goes without say…
We are picky about the clients we bring on-board.
We won’t engage with a firm unless we believe we can make a difference to their business and help them Get Stuff Done.
This stops us from taking on board demoralising projects and having us hating our jobs and our clients.
We have sacked clients a few times not because we were not making money but because we were not making a difference and they were taking too much headspace for nothing.
The current agency model is broken and we really believe we can build a better alternative. But we need great people to help make this happen and that where you come in.
Career progression is based on your ability to deliver and drive ideas and difference for both client and the company, not your ability to play politics or by the cut of your suit. (in fact, we have a no pin stripe suit policy, we are not accenture).
The Job Description
Manages complex, innovative client projects and balance time, resources and quality of delivery.
We value action over fancy presentations and obsess about value/return for our clients’ budget. This approach has enabled us to sustain a 100% growth for the last 4 years.
- oversee client management,
- ensure quality of delivery,
- optimise internal processes,
- manage the team
- find new business opportunities by solving clients problems (not selling stuff they don’t need).
Your training is a massive part of the job
We are also hellbent on giving access to the best possible training for our team.
Your first 6-12 mths at IMWT are generally full on. It should almost feel like a full time work + part time study
- Deliverables: Oversees project estimations and staffing. Oversees the development of project deliverables. Manage multiple clients and projects delivery.
- Time and Scope Management: Design and maintained customised consulting processes to agreed scope and within deadline. Setting and achieving measurable results for clients campaigns in search, content marketing, conversion optimisation and analytics.
- Lead: Gather, organise, define key responsabilities and drive a team of specialists and grads to help you deliver on our promises. Builds and structures the project team to ensure maximum performance
- Participate: Contribute regularly to the In Marketing We Trust blog, webinars, social channels and submission for conference presentations.
- Client Project Management:
- Proactive client management – Acting as a member of our client teams, ensure client projects are delivered on scope and schedule. Provide effective communication and reporting to help our clients support their digital optimisation projects.
- Acquire an in-depth understanding of clients’ business goals, audiences and priorities.
- Design and implement tailor made solution for a client based on a client’s time, resource or capabilities. Cookie cutter approach is not what we offer
- Train the client teams and help them use our collaborative task management tool for prioritising and keeping track of tasks.
- Be transparent, be organised, be proactive in your communication. Quiet clients are ‘soon-to-be-ex-clients’
- Be ready to be seconded to clients office to facilitate the setup, delivery and reporting of our optimisation programs
- Be accessible; manage daily or ad-hoc tasks and requests.
The Ideal Candidate
- 2 years agency experience with account management role
- Be a problem solver
- Business acumen
- Ability to balance best in class recommendations with client priorities and limitations.
- Develop and execute integrated strategies in complex, challenging environments.
- Be a people person
- Solid verbal and written communication skills
- Excellent relationship building skills
- Ability to effectively translate your knowledge to gain client and colleague understanding
- Experience and interest in supporting new business initiatives
- Be an organised person
- Team management skills
- Strong project management experience
- Ruthless focus on meeting time vs. budget objectives
- Strong ability to multitask between several client accounts
- Be a curious person
- A relentless curiosity and an inquisitive mind
- Familiarity with emerging technology
- Knowledge of trends and innovations in digital media
Attributes and behaviours we love to see
- Ownership of your work
- Solution oriented
- Results orientated
- Collegiate and supportive
- A sense of humour
If this sounds just like you, then follow the application process. We look forward to hearing from you.
The Application Process
- Fill up the form. Submission is generally reviewed within 3-5 working days
- Do some short tests (typically 1-3hrs max), live case scenarios giving you an opportunity to see exactly what we do and how we do it
- Review of tests + Interview with Client Service Director and/or Managing Director
- Interview with the team, see whom you will be working with and ask questions you didn’t dare to ask before
- Offer and Contract drafted, review signed, Happy dance ensue
Now, here is step 1, time to tell us a bit about yourself.